HXOUSE x LAUNCHPAD
We’re bringing this space to life through the HXOUSE driven No More Dreams program. This one-of-a-kind mentorship and coaching program will support up-and-coming creative talent, especially those in underserved communities in the Greater Toronto Region, to stop dreaming and start activating their career ambitions.
As an emerging creator, you have the opportunity to participate in an intensive four-month program that will help you accelerate your career, by providing access to learning, networking, funding, production and partnership opportunities. La Mar Taylor will be directly involved in the delivery of the program’s curricula and mentorship.
The first session of No More Dreams, starting in January 2019, will focus on design, photography, videography, fashion, and creative/art direction. Topics of subsequent sessions to be announced in 2019.
Applications open on August 20, 2018 at 8am and close on September 4, 2018 at 5pm.
'NO MORE DREAMS GRADS WILL LEAVE WITH CLEAR SKILLS INCLUDING:
• The knowledge to use a variety of design tools and methods to strategize around a brand/creative problem
• Understand the design process and how to accept feedback and critique from peers, mentors and thought leaders through each iteration of the design process
• Develop project management and adaptation skills to move projects forward by paying close attention to the problem and how to work with stakeholders to meet objectives within project scope and resources.
• Evaluate, analyze, simulate and refine ideas and concepts based on client’s needs
• Use collaborative processes to develop ideas and assets
Through the HXOUSE x Launchpad partnership, program participants will also be supported with:
• One-year membership to Artscape Daniels Launchpad
• Access to learning programs in addition to those of the No More Dreams program
• An allowance for rentable spaces at Launchpad within the Digital Media Lab and for consumables needed for the Creative Production Studios
• Regular check-ins with the Launchpad coaching team to ensure participants are fully utilizing the resources and services available to them.
• We’re seeking creative talent from a broad range of disciplines
• Minimum age for application is 18
• Must live within one (1) hour commute from Toronto
• Must have a portfolio of creative work
How To Apply
• Complete the online application form below
• Attach up to 5 samples of your work; can include video, photos, etc. (pdf format, Max size – 5MB)
Application process for the January 2019 No More Dreams program with HXOUSE x Launchpad (includes a series of interactions prior to final selection):
August: Application period Aug 20 (@8am) – Sep 4 (@5pm)
September/ October: 1st round selected for Charrettes
November: Talent selected for further interviews
December: One-week session for selected talent
January: Full program begins