Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursaries
Helping Creatives Thrive
Artscape Daniels Launchpad is Toronto’s first, one-stop entrepreneurship hub with educational programs, services, facilities and an environment that are tailored to help creatives build sustainable careers.
The application window has now closed. Stay tuned for future opportunities to apply!
About The Bursaries
Bursaries are available to emerging entrepreneurs as well as those already in businesses that they are seeking to grow. They underwrite the cost of an educational experience that ranges from three months to one year. Elements of the program include:
- Creative entrepreneurship workshops
- Skills development workshops and events
- Coaching and wayfinding on plugging into resources and navigating the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Access to co-working and collaboration studios
- Access to Launchpad creative studios
The Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursaries are focused on providing support to creatives who are engaged in the following creative disciplines:
- Textiles + Fashion
- Fine Metals + Jewellery
- Digital Fabrication & Electronics
- Design (graphic, architectural, interior, etc)
- Music production
- Film and Video production
- Digital Media
To be eligible to apply for a Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursary, applicants must:
- be an emerging and/or practicing artist, designer or creator
- have an entrepreneurial desire to advance their creative practice/business
- be able to demonstrate financial need (we are also sensitive to extenuating personal circumstances and may take these into account when assessing Bursary applications)
- be a Canadian citizen or legal resident
- be 19 years of age or older
- have not received another Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursary within one year of the date of application for this Bursary.
NOTE: Unsuccessful Bursary applicants may be eligible to re-apply within the same year for a Bursary.
Staff and Ambassadors of Artscape Daniels Launchpad are not eligible to apply for a Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursary.
The following criteria will be used to assess your application submission:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Commitment and contribution to the Launchpad community
- Fit between your needs and Artscape Daniels Launchpad’s programs, services and supports
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online application below along with a PDF copy of your current resume.
For more information, check out our FAQs.
- March 20, 2019
Application Check List
√ Bursary Application Form (with Statement of Need)
All applications will be reviewed by a Bursary Committee made up of Toronto Artscape Foundation staff, volunteers and members of the Artscape community.
Successful applicants will receive notification of selection by March 25, 2019 and will receive a welcome package by email from the Toronto Artscape Foundation. Applicants who are not selected will receive an email from the Toronto Artscape Foundation.
Upon receipt of notification of acceptance as a Bursary recipient, your Artscape Daniels Launchpad membership becomes activated and you must follow up immediately with Launchpad staff to start taking advantage of all that it has to offer.
For any additional questions regarding the Artscape Daniels Launchpad Bursary Program, please contact: email@example.com