Creative Entrepreneurship Program ($575)
YOUR IDEAS / TAKING SHAPE
Our flagship 5-day program gives you the time and resources to explore the business side of your creative work. The creative sector is constantly changing and business as usual may not be good enough. Funding, copyright, business models, community engagement, branding, technology, and emerging markets and audiences are all central concerns of creators across disciplines and organizational forms.
We help you understand the problem you are trying to solve, the insights you bring to the issue, the partners that can support you in moving forward, and the strategy you’ll need to be successful. The Launchpad Creative Entrepreneurship Program draws on the strengths and qualities of creative work to prepare you to implement a new structure to better reflect the world around you.
You won’t be asked to sit down and listen, but rather will engage with ideas, models, experts, and fellow participants to map out your future success and get a head start on a new path.
The focus is on you and the relationships, skills, and knowledge you need to move your ambitions forward. Launchpad Creative Entrepreneurship Program will equip you to make a meaningful difference for your organization, your community and yourself.
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT?
* Understanding of how different relationships and activities make up your overall business while keeping your creative practice in the centre
* Identification of who you are trying to serve and their needs
* New insights and solutions using a new toolkit to help you and your team(s) think collaboratively and work on projects together
* Map and plan to generate new revenue and new markets for your work
* Confidence to share your ideas with familiar and unfamiliar audiences
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
The Creative Entrepreneurship Program is for artists, designers, and creators looking to turn their creative practice into a creative business or for creative business leaders looking to evolve their organization.
Who are you? Why are here? Mapping the external terrain. What’s the idea? What value do you create? What’s the insight? How do you fit? Organizing the work and the boundaries.
Designing interactions and collaboration. Partnerships. Telling your story. Why do relationships matter?
What’s the business model? Observations and interpretations. Being legit. Case studies. Talking about money. The hustle.
Insights and implementation. Prototyping and testing assumptions. Other sources of revenue. Business development strategies.
Telling your story … again and again. Social media. Industry connects and next steps. Mapping the internal terrain.
DIGITAL CREATIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM
Are you interested in developing or growing digital creation or dissemination in your practice?
Want to start using some of the tools to better imagine what’s possible?
* This program supports creators to incorporate digital strategies and tools to generate new revenues, audiences and methods of creative production.
* This program builds the capacity and confidence of creators to include or extend digital components of their creative practice and business models, while enhancing their understanding of strategies to advance the production and dissemination of digital content domestically and globally.
* This program will result in creators being better able to respond to the challenges and opportunities of the digital era and take concrete actions to create and share their work digitally.
* Participants will receive hands-on experience with various digital tools and technologies. These digital tools and software will assist creators with promotion of their creative businesses, product marketing, effective networking and outreach across a range of platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
* Up-to-date approaches and case studies that suggest opportunities for you to evolve creative work in digital environments
* Access to physical digital assets and human resources to support digital creators
* Tools to produce and disseminate content domestically and globally
* Timely expertise to illuminate emerging issues across digital discipline
* Digital literacy to reach new markets and expand the potential of current creative practice
* Capacity to extend digital components of creative practice and business models, while enhancing their understanding of strategies to reach new markets and expand the potential of their creative practice
* Understanding of emerging business models brought about by shift to digital
* Capabilities, legitimacy and improved competitive positions through the incorporation of new knowledge, digital tools and accumulated resources