Launch: Turning Your Creative Practice into a Creative Business ($90)
Got an idea for a business fuelled by your creative practice?
Interested in commercializing a creative project?
This 1-day program is a fast-paced and hands-on opportunity to assess how your creative practice and network could lead to a creative business or commercial project.
Big changes are shifting how cultural production happens. Digital markets, fragmented audiences, project-based work and inter-disciplinary exploration are defining successful creators. Learn how to stay at the forefront of models and approaches that are disrupting creative work.
You will be exposed to recent innovations in how creative work happens and have opportunities to apply the ideas to your own specific challenges as part of a community of learners. You will practice creating conditions for new approaches to succeed and reflecting on current routines and approaches to see if they are still a good fit.
Topics will include financial and legal questions, organizational structure and design, making money, working in a community, going digital, understanding audiences and more.
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT FOR ME AFTER THE SESSION?
* Opportunities to evolve your business by looking at up-to-date approaches and case studies
• Viability testing before spending time, money, or energy developing something that isn’t likely to succeed
• Connections to innovators across the creative sector looking to adapt to related challenges
• Tools to rethink how you run the business side of your creative practice and validated new approaches
• Timely experts to illuminate emerging issues across creative disciplines